The day ahead- 14th December 2017
Lots of economic data and events scheduled for today and some with high volatility risks associated.
Data released so far:
- Japan: Nikkei manufacturing PMI improves to 54.2 in November from 53.6
- Australia: Employment rose by 61,600 in November and unemployment rate at 5.4 percent.
- China: Fixed asset investments up 7.2 percent y/y in November. Industrial production growth at 6.1 percent y/y. Retail sales up 10.2 percent y/y.
- France: CPI inflation report will be released at 7:45 GMT. Flash manufacturing report will be released at 8:00 GMT.
- Spain: HICP inflation report for November will be released at 8:00 GMT.
- Switzerland: producer price inflation report will be released at 8:15 GMT. SNB will announce interest rate decision at 9:00 GMT.
- Germany: Flash manufacturing PMI report will be released at 8:30 GMT.
- Italy: Consumer price inflation report will be released at 9:00 GMT.
- Eurozone: Flash manufacturing PMI report will be released at 9:00 GMT
- United Kingdom: November retail sales report will be released at 9:30 GMT. BoE will announce interest rate decision at 12:00 GMT.
- Greece: Greece will release third quarter unemployment report at 10:00 GMT.
- Eurozone: ECB will announce interest rate decision at 12:45 GMT, followed by a press conference at 13:30 GMT.
- United States: Retail sales report will be released at 13:30 GMT, along with weekly jobless claims report and terms of trade report. Flash manufacturing PMI report will be released at 14:45 GMT. EIA will release weekly natural gas inventory report at 15:30 GMT.
- Canada: New house price index will be updated for the month of October at 13:30 GMT. BoC governor Poloz is set to speak at 17:25 GMT.
- New Zealand: Business PMI report for the month of November at 21:30 GMT.
- Japan: Tankan survey report will be published at 23:50 GMT.
Source: FXWire Commentary