The day ahead- 9th January 2018
Lots of economic data and events scheduled for today, and all with low to medium volatility risks associated.
Data released so far:
- Japan: Labor cash earnings up 0.9 percent y/y in November.
- United Kingdom: BRC like for like retail sales up 0.6 percent y/y in December.
- Australia: Building permits up 11.7 percent in November, up 17.1 percent y/y.
- Japan: Consumer confidence report will be released at 5:00 GMT.
- Germany: November industrial production report will be released at 7:00 GMT, along with November trade balance.
- Switzerland: December unemployment report will be released at 6:45 GMT. November Forex reserve details will be published at 8:00 GMT, followed by retail sales report at 8:15 GMT.
- France: November trade balance report will be released at 7:45 GMT.
- Greece: Greece will release November industrial production report at 10:00 GMT.
- Eurozone: Unemployment report will be published at 10:00 GMT.
- United Kingdom: Halifax house price report will be released at 8:30 GMT.
- Eurozone: Eurozone confidence report will be released at 10:00 GMT, along with Sentix investor confidence report for December.
- United States: NFIB business optimism report for December will be published at 11:00 GMT, followed JOLTS jobs report at 15:00 GMT. FOMC member Kashkari is scheduled to speak at 15:00 GMT.
- Auction: The U.S. will auction 1-month bills at 16:30 GMT and 3-year note at 18:00 GMT. UK will auction 10-year bond today.