The day ahead- 16th January 2018
Lots of economic data and events scheduled for today, and some with high volatility risks associated.
Data released so far:
- Australia: New motor vehicle sales up 4.5 percent in December, up 6.7 percent from a year ago.
- Japan: All industry activity index will be updated at 4:30 GMT.
- Germany: Wholesale price inflation report for December will be released at 7:00 GMT, along with consumer price inflation report.
- France: November budget details will be released at 7:45 GMT.
- Italy: November trade balance report will be released at 9:00 GMT, followed by consumer price inflation report at 10:00 GMT.
- United Kingdom: Inflation report including PPI, CPI, RPI, and HPI will be released at 9:30 GMT.
- United States: New York empire state manufacturing report will be published at 13:30 GMT.
- New Zealand: Global dairy auction is scheduled today.
- Switzerland: SNB chairman Jordon is set to speak at 17:00 GMT.
- Japan: November Machinery orders report will be released at 23:50 GMT.
- Auction: U.S. will auction 1-month, 3-month, and 6-month bills at 16:30 GMT. Spain will auction 6-month, 12-month bonds today.